Wednesday, October 24, 2012

All the poor + powerless

7 Days till my deployment. Preparing my Heart

Last night, while at a church bible study, I heard the song "All the poor and powerless". The song hit me hard for some reason. Obviously its deep but it really got me thinking. The chorus is, "Shout it, go on and scream it from the mountains, go on and tell it to the masses, that he is God".

Since I was little I always wanted to help people in need. I always volunteered my time and money to different organizations and activities. Of course I considered my self a good christian but I was missing something. While at church, I enjoyed being strong in my faith, but in school or work, I tended to shy away from it. If someone asked me "Are you all religious and stuff" Id say not really. Who was I kidding? I loved church, I wanted to serve God and I kept busy in church activities a few days a week. I think that pretty much makes me "religious and stuff". So why deny it? Because people would judge me? Because it isnt what everyone else is doing?

It makes me think, How can I stand up for other people, and not be able to stand up for myself? Its more than just a weakness...it's an insecurity.

The chorus of this song is a perfect example of admitting your faith. Being confident enough with youself to say that you are a christian. By making this blog, its an outward sign of my faith. I figure, if someone can only judge me because im a christian, than thats not so bad.

Check out the song on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3tkUKVAlBk&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3tkUKVAlBk&feature=related

1 comment:

  1. You are becoming quite the messenger! Love this blog. Keep writing. I'll be watching and reading at every opportunity. Don't forget to send me your addy.

    ReplyDelete