Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Welcome to my first blog ever!

Welcome to the famous blog of Lindsay Leigh Koch!

This will be a blog where you can follow me on my deployment to Afghanistan. For if you don't know me, I'll tell you a little bit about myself. My name is Lindsay and I'm a Military Police Soldier in the U.S. Army. I enlisted in June of 2011, left for 5 1/2 months of training in August, and returned at the end of January. It was definitely an experience.

Besides the military, there's alot more to me! I am a volunteer EMT for a local first aid squad, special needs counselor, and sunday school teacher. Im also a student at Liberty University, studying Special Education and Psychology. Eventually, I hope to become a teacher for kids with disabilities, but we'll see where God takes me. God has given me a huge heart for service.

As for my family, I have 2 older brothers, Brandon + Jordan, and parents that have always supported me. My family may not be perfect but I'm very lucky to have them. I am in a relationship with my boyfriend of almost 2 years. His name is James and he has 2 awesome kids named Jordan+Sean. They have been there for me through all my ups and downs, and always put a smile on my face.

I've always had a love for god, ever since I was little. I always wanted to know more and to learn about my faith. It hasn't always been easy though. I've struggled in keeping faith many times, but God always gets me back on track. Recently I started going to a new church with my boyfriend + kids. I had never felt so welcomed and "at home" at a church before.

My reason for making this blog is to talk about my journey while on deployment. It's hard to remember, that not only am I a soldier in the Army, but I am a soldier of God.  I know I will face many challenges while I'm away but I know that God is above all obstacles before me.

So thats me, and this is my journey with God in a combat zone!

I ask for prayer, to keep me strong in my faith and in my missions overseas.

1 comment:

  1. I think that this blog is an awesome idea. I know I'll be checking back regularly. Just be sure that while you are "over there" you are careful about what you post. Don't give away any military secrets. LOL Love you girl - you know that. Praying for you always.

    ReplyDelete